featuring Mosaic Moments heart dies
Heart Dies all a flutter
Not all Valentine pages need to be pink and frilly! I’ll show how nicely a darker and bolder palette can be effective for a masculine page just in time for that special day. Our heart dies will have you all a flutter! Our scallop border die will also make an appearance along with our heart tiles.
Beginning with Pattern #260, photos and these supplies:
• Mosaic Moments 12×12 Grid paper: black
• Mosaic Moments Heart Tiles: black
• Mosaic Moments Dies: Heart Border, Heart and Flower Die Set, Banner Border Set, Die Sets A, C
• Red Plaid Pattern Paper: Kaisercraft Teddy Bear’s Picnic
• Wausau cardstock: red with black flecks and textured
• Sharpie Paint Pen: Metallic Gold extra fine point
Three black Heart Tiles as frames in a Tic-Tac-Toe pattern of squares feature three photos of my hammy grandson. Gold paint stitches outline the heart shape making them stand out.
The red plaid on the black grid fill the 2×2 squares, the 2×1 blocks and several 1”x1” squares. I’ve also used the plaid for the banners on each of the two red 3×4 blocks. One serves as a journal block and the other serves as an embellishment; the heart border die is used to cut out the center and then the back is lined with a black tile.
Using the black on black lets the hearts appear to be floating on the page. Along with the plaid it adds that strong masculine backdrop. It’s perfect for any of your men…no matter how old they are!