Family Scrapbook Ideas by Sandi Keene
Here is what you will need:
- 1 sheet of grid paper – I chose Toffee
- 5 photos cropped to 3 2/8″ x 3 2/8″
- 1 photo 4″ x 4″ matted on cardstock or a Paper Tile 4 3/8″ x 4 3/8″
- 3 squares of patterned paper 3 2/8″ x 3 2/8″
- 3 squares of patterned paper cut approx. 2″ square. I used a punch for my inner square.
- 4 strips of patterned paper cut 1″ x 3 2/8″
- Family TypeStack clear stamps (note: I used the word “memories” off the Vacation TypeStack as well)
- Flowers and button.
Here are a couple of tips for working with the stamps. To keep your stamps straight, line them up with the stamping surface DOWN on your cutting mat.
Now set your acrylic block down on top of it.
This keeps the images straight. You can also see what is going to fit on your paper.
Don’t stamp with your paper on the cutting mat. Stamp on a hard surface like your table. I can’t tell you how many times I have broken this rule and had to do it over. I am used to using my mat for everything and this is just counter-intuitive for me. Aarrghh!
New stamps are best “seasoned”. First, clean the stamping surface well – I like alcohol-free baby wipes. Then stamp it on scrap paper, clean and repeat. Now, your stamp is ready to give you a crisp image.
Now you have everything you need (including some unsolicited advice) to make your own tribute to your wonderful family!
– Sandi Keene